The BackgroundChecks.org Open Government Scholarship
Now Accepting Spring 2016 Submissions
Read Below and Submit Your Essay No Later then April 15, 2016
How to Apply for the Spring 2016 Semester Scholarship
- Write an essay, no less then 1000 words, on the following topic: "Why Public Records and Open Government Are Important to a Free and Open Society".
- Submit your essay, in Word format, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Essays must be received by April 15, 2016 at 12PM Eastern.
- Include a scanned copy of your student ID in your email.
- Essays will be judged by the BackgroundChecks.org scholarship committee. Winners will be notified via email, no later May 15, 2016.
- First Place: $1000
- Second Place: $500
- Third Place: $500
The scholarship will be paid directly to your school's financial aid office.
Scholarship Eligibility and Requirements
Who Can Apply?
- You must be a current student at an accredited US University or College. Online programs are acceptable.
- You must have a GPA of at least 2.5
- There is no age requirement
- The scholarship is open to all legal residents and citizen of the United States and its territories.
- Winners will be required to submit an acceptance letter as well as all required tax and identification documents. We will keep these documents private and not share them with a third party.
- This scholarship is void where prohibited by law.
- More questions? Email email@example.com